Tuesday, March 12, 2013

In Different Coats

Master Breeder's bull sale visit continues. March is also a very busy months for sellers and bidders!! Not to mention auctioneers and sales reps are also running around the state!!
Montana is definitely a "Black" dominant state. I mean Angus is the most popular breed for both seedstock and commercial ranchers. There are some more major Angus sales on the way. But also, as a Master Breeder, I'd like to work with any breeds of cattle. After all, our objective is to produce best quality beef.

Last Saturday, I paid a visit to Strawberry Ridge Red Angus Ranch in just south of Livingston. Ranch is located in a very beautiful set-up. Those "Red Boys" were getting ready for their big day!!

Today, I drove to Willow Creek, MT for Copper Hereford Ranch 47th Annual Production Sale. Probably no explanations needed among Hereford world, Copper Ranch is the most famous for their genetics and history (genetical history or historical genetics??) in Montana, if not in the entire US. To be honest, bidding went beyond my imagination.....................

Yearling heifer sale was even more surprising to me!! As you can see in these two pictures, sales rep in front of me was very energetic. He's Jay George from Tri State Livestock News. I have found his own article about last year's Cooper sale so take a look.

I will be running around and visiting some more bull sales across Montana this month!!
See you at the end of dirt roads!!

No comments:

Post a Comment